Finished Work: Deep Calls to Deep

Wednesday 7 October 2015
For a few months since July 2015, an idea, an image, an image of an idea, has been percolating in my imagination, until it was time to bring what I saw in the reality of my inner life, to the reality of the canvas.


Deep Calls to Deep (2015)
18 x 24" Oil on Canvas
Available for Sale 
I noticed that this year water has been an important theme in my paintings. While I tend to move away from realism, preferring the fantastic and the other worldly in my representations, I have done a lot of work in trying to get the flow of water, its dynamism and energy in my paintings. When working on this particular piece, memories of staring in awe at the mighty Niagara Falls (even from behind the great deluge) kept me constantly working and reworking the water, until I was sufficiently satisfied that I had made some strides in the right direction.

Deep Calls to Deep (2015)
18 x 24" Oil on Canvas
Available for Sale 
Since my paintings are done with the Spirit, I am always intrigued to interpret the paintings I do as one would interpret a dream. While in the coming days, I wait with an open  heart to hear what the Spirit has to say to me about this painting, I am curious to know what he is saying to you. And if you say that you cannot hear the Spirit, I offer you this suggestion - perhaps, it is not that you don't hear the good Spirit, but that you do not trust what you hear. 


Deep Calls to Deep (2015)
18 x 24" Oil on Canvas
Available for Sale 

In any case, your comments, and feedback are much appreciated and valued. Thank you :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment