Finished Work: Souls

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Souls
18x24" Oil on Canvas (with Frame)

Available for Sale
This painting went through a unique metamorphosis, of which you can read about in detail at #WIP: Creating Without Intent. But here I want to talk about the process which took place after that metamorphosis, after the change was established.


Souls 
18x24" Oil on Canvas (with Frame) 

Available for Sale
When the painting was transformed from its original image, and I knew where the piece was basically going, I was able to relax more and take time with the details. Lately, I have begun to paint using my fingers, because somehow touching the pigments and rubbing them slowly over the surface of the canvas has allowed me to enjoy the process of making art itself.

Because of the lack of relative success I've had with this creative dream, I recently noticed that somehow, I had stopped enjoying the process of creation. When the Spirit whispered to me that I have to learnt to love my art, I was dumbfounded because at that time, I did not know how I could possibly love something, which continued to bring me lots of soul pain.

Yet love must come before success, because it is love which brings us true success.

Souls 
18x24" Oil on Canvas (with Frame) 

Available for Sale
In this project, as I touched the pigment, felt its texture, spread it over the canvas with my fingers, I felt a powerful connection reawaken between my soul and the piece I was creating. I realised that to create, we need to have our souls invested in our work - we need our hearts to be fully alive in the creative work we have chosen to undertake. 

When I finished the piece and stood staring at it, the word Souls tumbled involuntarily off of my lips. As I continue to contemplate on the process I went through to complete this work, both on canvas, and within my heart, I realise that there are many many souls out there, yearning to be expressed, yearning to come alive, yearning to come into the healing light - of becoming who they were created to be. And it is love, which makes away for those yearnings, those dreams to be realised.



0 comments:

Post a Comment