3 Types of Artwork I Produce

Friday 15 January 2016
This week I am doing something brave - I am introducing a very personal kind of creative expression into my art practice. Although this type of creative expression was what got me started on my creative journey, I have not been sure about bringing it to center stage until now because I was not clear about how to put it out there and also afraid of how people would receive it.
But this year, the Spirit is challenging me to fast from fear; to do one thing that makes me afraid every day. Last year I learnt a tough lesson: fear makes you double-minded which in turn taints all your attempts at your dreams with a disgusting half-assed or half-hearted quality. Half-heartednes kills dreams. More than that, it sabotages the dreamer.

Come Boldly by Shayani A. Turko Oil on Canvas Pad #propheticart
Come Boldly
Oil on Canvas Pad
#propheticart 
"You see if you really are serious about your dreams, you've got to really hit hard with intentionality, purpose, and force " the Spirit coached me last December. "There's a reason why dreams are hard to achieve - there is resistance to the good things I bring. And resistance can only be met with a commitment to overcome. Otherwise, you'll find yourself at the mercy of discouragement all the time."

This year, I am committed to do something that scares me everyday. So let me introduce  my new line of art "Prophetic Art" (#propheticart).

In addition to my Gallery Works (#galleryworks) and Affordable Art (#affordableart) which I introduced in SPECIAL UPDATE: A SIMPLE DREAM TO AWAKEN BEAUTY, Prophetic Art is art which has been produced specifically during worship encounters with the Spirit.

Magedo by Shayani A. Turko  Oil on Canvas Board  #propheticart
Magedo
Oil on Canvas Board
#propheticart
I am a Christ follower. I was given art as a gift when I went through my "dark night of the soul" some years back. Art gave me a voice when the pain inside my heart took away my voice and words. There were days during that dark time, when I could only pick up paint and listen to the step by step directions of the Spirit, as He taught me to voice my pain, to understand my heart as well as His.

That teaching stuck with me, even after I decided to make art a full time career choice and decided to try other types of art.

Prophetic Art is about perspective, even if you are not in to the spiritual dynamics of it. It is also about peace., and encouragement. I've had too many experiences with both believers and non who have been touched in some way by this particular gift.

In terms of pricing and quality, with Prophetic Art. I have decided to maintain a happy medium between my Gallery Work and Affordable Art.  This means, while they are not as expensive, and therefore do not use the same high quality supplies, they will only be slightly higher in price than the Affordable Art line, which means they will use medium quality art supplies. In making this decision I considered both the principles of Access and Equity, which I talk about in detail in SPECIAL UPDATE: A SIMPLE DREAM TO AWAKEN BEAUTY.

Universe by Shayani A. Turko Acrylic on Board #propheticart
Universe
Acrylic on Board
#propheticart
As always, I look forward to hearing your comments on my new art line. Till next time, keep creating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment