Turning Dreams into Reality: A Letter to Dreamers

Thursday 18 February 2016


Dear fellow dreamers,
If you are reading this, I consider you a dreamer. Why? Because something in you has responded to this post, a spark of hope that’s deep within you is actually being awakened, if not already burning like a fire!

My name is Shayani A. Turko and I am a Spirit-taught #artist #blogger #dreamer #entrepreneur at Dreams in between Spaces on FB/Google+. My Artist Statement can be found on my blog here. Generally, there are 4 types of artwork I do:  #affordableart #propheticart #galleryworks #hybridart.

Earlier this year, I made a list of goals I need to accomplish in my journey at the moment:

  • Create more gallery quality art (this takes more money than I have atm to invest in quality supplies, resources, etc. . .)
  • Develop a website 
  • Get into at least three art shows/ exhibitions (two done already!) 
  • Write a business plan and get training in setting up a business (Next training for artists at ACI Manitoba is $200 (deadline 23rd Feb); $180 for the generic business training at WEC)
  • Collaborate with other dreamers 

I wondered if there were other dreamers out there who were feeling this “urge” to take their dreams to the next level. Sure enough, I found a few who were working on awesome things to make the world a better place. Then a brilliant idea struck me on how to collaborate with this brilliant people!
So here’s what I want to share with you.

In the next two months, I am partnering with a friend from my church, Bettina Schmidt who recently experienced a marvelous surprise in her journey to see children empowered. This is what she says on her fb post:  “I have been accepted at the Uni of the Nations in Kona to take an early childhood education class this April. This is another step into my dream of seeing kids trained and released.” In order to attend the Uni, Bettina is currently raising money.

I would like to invite you, my fellow dreamers to join us in our journey. If you live in Winnipeg, you can purchase any artwork from this folder and I will donate 50%of the sale price, not profits, but the entire sale price to help Bettina make it to the University of Nations in Kona. Upon purchase, Bettina will be sending you a Thank you to let you know she got your contribution to make her dream a reality. As for me, you are helping this artist achieve her goals listed above!

I will also be giving away a major painting to the Heart of the City Coffee House and Art Auction on March 12, which is raising money to continue its outreach work to care for Winnipeg's vulnerable and exploited women. This is a front-line grassroots organization of individuals who are meeting a huge need in Winnipeg, which most people don’t talk about. Here’s the painting I have put up for auction at the event. All proceeds will go towards the organization’s efforts. Please consider helping out! Tickets for the event are $10 and $12 at the door, and I have some as well.


Restoration: 39 x 19.75" Oil on Canvas #hybridart #propheticart 

So why am I collaborating with other dreamers who come from vastly different areas of interest? Because, I want my art to have a purpose in addition to pleasure, entertainment, and providing a viable source of incoming for me. I create because I want to encourage people to go beyond what they think is possible in life, and contributing my work towards ministries of mercy is one of the tangible ways through which I can achieve the goals of my practice as well as my life.

If you are led to partner with me/us in any of these amazing opportunities, please contact me through my Facebook page or shayaniaturko[at]gmail.com. Thank you for taking the time to read this.
May the Spirit who gives life to all, breath life to your heart and your dreams as well!

sincerely,
Shayani A. Turko Dreams in between Spaces

0 comments:

Post a Comment